Friday, July 12, 2013

Photography School and civilian life.

   First of all. We are a civilian family. D is done. It will be "officially" official in a week or so. He already has a new job. He's been there for about a month. He loves it. He comes home dirty from head to toe. Which is what he wanted. He loves working with his hands. And he is OBSESSED with wanting new tools. So I know exactly what to get him for Christmas, our anniversary, and his birthday. We both have our specific likes now. Haha. Him wants tools and I want photography gear. It makes it easy peasy.

   Speaking of photography, I have started my first unit of school. It's been slow to start because of the craziness that is our life. I haven't been able to get out and shoot because my car has been in the shop and I just got it back. I'll tell you why down below. The hubs and I are going out for a little drive these weekend so I think I'm going to do some shooting then. And I am supposed to be taking 1 year portraits for a cute little girl sometime in the next few weeks. I just need to get out there and practice. I have a separate page that I will post pictures one. Which is here: http://katreonagillphoto.blogspot.com I have had it up for a month, if not more, but I haven't been able to take pictures to put on it. I'm hoping to find a workshop that I can go to soon. Just for face to face learning. I think it will help me a ton. And I'll get to shoot away.

    And as for my car. My poor little Sophie( Yes, I named my car. Didn't you?). D was driving her down to post and he was maybe 10 minutes out of town when the guy in front of him hit a tire. The tire flew back at my car and caused quite a bit of damage. It hit my bumper/headlight, bounced up and hit my hood, and finally hit my windshield. Shattering it. So my car was out of commission for a month. There was glass all over the inside. My dash and steering wheel had to be replaced. My driver side mirror and headlight as well. And everything else had to be fixed. It was the longest month without a car. But I have her back! :)

   In other news, everything is going pretty well. We are talking about what kind of house we want. I KNOW I want a nice big kitchen, a fireplace, and a room with lots of natural light that I can use for a home office/studio. D wants a garage, place for a shop/mancave, and land. Hopefully we can find something that meets our wishes. We talk about building, so I guess we will see. Other than that, we are all kind of busy just being our little family of three. Working, playing, going to church and just being together.Which is our favorite place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment