My tiny first born isn't so tiny anymore.
She turned the big five. I have a five year old. Excuse me while I ugly cry.
We just spent her birthday at home this year. Just family. And we were all perfectly happy. We made birthday pancakes and she woke up to balloons and streamers in her room. And she was attacked by silly string.
She said it was the best birthday ever. Oh to be young again.
She'll start kindergarten this fall. My baby will be in school. I'm old enough to have a munchkin in school. I feel like I should be in my 30s, not 24.
She is so smart and spunky. Last night she wore hillbilly teeth in the grocery store. She loves all things girly and HAS to check out the clothes when we go shopping. She loves riding her bike and blowing bubbles. She just started taking showers because they are just so cool.
She's a great big sister and loves to help change diapers.
I just can't believe she's five. Seriously. Five.
But I'm excited for this year because so many new things will be happening. Probably her first loose tooth, school functions, and new friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment